Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Family and Friends

I have been thinking today about how very lucky I am to have such great family and friends. It has always been easy for me to love people and get "attached". Today one of my employees gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. I went to visit her in the hospital and as I held this new little miracle I thought about how lucky I am. I am lucky to have such good people in my life. My own children and grandchildren make my heart sing and make it worth getting up every morning. I am so proud of my kids. Yes I said proud. And if that is a sin then I guess I am a sinner. How can I be so fortunate? The Lord has truely blessed me. I wake up every morning to the love of my life and I can't believe he still makes my heart skip a beat when he walks through the door or when I hear his voice on the other end of the phone.
Yes, I am a lucky woman!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

And you made the pregnant lady cry -becuase this is so touching, not because someone else had their baby and I didn't yet. :)

If anyone is lucky it's us. You're such an amazing person. Thank you for all you do.

We love you, Grammy!

LeVander Family said...

We love you too! Brayden has started this new thing that when he is in trouble he asks to go to Grammy's house! I think it may have something to do with chocolate!!;)

Luci-lou said...

Aww, Sister Deets. Your family picture is cute!

Linda said...

Lisa; I just found your blog! I will keep visiting and following your family.
Feel free to visit mine -- thoughtsNspots(dot)blogspot(dot)com

Linda (Roberts) Kennedy